We have an amount of bird netting available for those who haven’t already ordered, a good price on dripper wire, ...
High analysis Australian Certified organic calcium and magnesium input to improve fruit quality, nutrition and soil conditions
24% Ca, 10% Mg, 1% Humates and Fulvates
BENEFITS OF ACTIVIST® CAL MAG
• Highly micronized water dispersible suspension to drive calcium and magnesium into the leaves and onto soil clay particles.
• Improves root zone soil pH if applied through drip irrigation.
• Improves the shelf life of fruits and chlorophyll production in foliage.
• In certain high value horticultural fruit crops it can provide some protection from sunburn damage if sprayed at higher rates.
• Micronized particles provides even coverage and effective plant uptake in all types of leaves regardless of their cuticular strength.
• Can be applied along with approved biological or organic nutrients and crop protection sprays except products based on phosphates and or sulphates.
THE IMPORTANCE OF CALCIUM
Calcium is required for the cellulose precursors in cell wall formation. It also stabilises cell membranes and protects them, an important attribute under stress conditions. In fruit crops it is required in high quantities as it is important for fruit quality and shelf life. When plants are threatened by infection, calcium combines with a protein to stimulate salicylic acid (SA) production.
THE IMPORTANCE OF MAGNESIUM
Magnesium forms an essential part of chlorophyll structure. This is essential for photosynthesis and therefore most other plant functions, particularly the uptake and mobilisation of other plant nutrients, specifically phosphorus. Magnesium is very mobile in the plant and deficiencies are seen in the old leaves with inconsistent chlorosis. Magnesium is an essential part of the ATP activation process that helps in energy storage in cell catalysing various enzyme systems that regulate metabolic processes.