We have an amount of bird netting available for those who haven’t already ordered, a good price on dripper wire, ...
Balanced Concentrated silica & potassium to improve heat / drought tolerance and cellular turgidity which reduces lodging.
NPKS 0-0-15-0 + 20% Silica
BENEFITS OF STAND SKH
• Improves plants ability to tolerate heat & drought
• Enhances plants immune system
• Strengthens plants against disease such as powdery mildew and others
• Helps plants tolerate soils high in toxic elements such as aluminum, sodium and chlorides
• Builds stronger/ thicker cell walls to resist attack from insects such as mites and white fly
• Reduced lodging through improved plant cellular structure
THE ROLE OF SILICON
Like other elements, silicon plays a vital role in plant physiology. The range of silicon in plant tissue is approximately 0.1 to 10 %. Silicon enters plants and accumulates around the epidermis of roots and shoots. Silicon forms a gel and associates with calcium and pectins to stabilise cell walls, increasing a plant’s ability to handle stress conditions. Silicon improves plant cell strength and structure, reducing lodging of cereals and sugar cane. Studies have shown Silica to alleviate the negative effects of numerous abiotic stresses, including salt, water heat, cold and heavy metals.
THE ROLE OF POTASSIUM
Potassium regulates the electrolytes and turgidity of plant cells. Potassium occurs in the guard cells of the stomata and is essential in respiration and transpiration. Potassium also assists in cell division and protein and carbohydrate formation. Lack of potassium when the plant is young cannot be compensated for later